Microsoft SQL Server version 6.5 is a scaleable, high-performance database
management system designed specifically for distributed client/server computing.
Powerful, built-in data replication provides a reliable way to
disseminate accurate information and improve its availability throughout your
enterprise. A comprehensive distributed management framework lets you centrally
manage all the database servers in your organization. The multithreaded,
parallel database design in Microsoft SQL Server delivers scaleable high
performance on today’s cost-effective, standard hardware.
And its open
architecture—based on industry standards—ensures interoperability with the
broadest range of applications, development tools, host gateways, and networks.
Microsoft SQL Server meets the most demanding requirements for reliability, data
integrity, and security.
And as part of the Microsoft BackOffice™ family, SQL Server works with other BackOffice server
applications to offer powerful client/server solutions to help your business
perform better, to improve decision making and streamline business
- Data replication for reliable distributed systems
- The first centralized administration architecture for distributed servers
- Scaleable high performance on today’s cost-effective hardware
- Seamless integration with desktop applications
- Open architecture to protect your computing investments.
- Dynamic locking
- Built-in data replication provides secure distribution of data across
remote servers and mainframes
- Seamless Internet integration Web Assistant generates HTML pages from SQL
Server data on a scheduled or trigger-driven basis
- Powerful host connectivity with Microsoft TransAccess and products from
other ISVs, allows true, bi-directional data-sharing between mainframe and
- Tight mail integration ensures that the most current information is
available to everyone who needs it, without delay
- Integrated security protects your data from intrusion
System using a 486 or higher processor (Pentium®m
recommended), PowerPC™, MIPS®, R4xxx, or Alpha AXP™ processor
16 MB of memory (32 MB with
80 MB of available hard disk space (95
MB with books online)
VGA, Super VGA, or video graphics adapter
compatible with Microsoft Windows® NT™ Server 3.51 or 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT Server
version 3.51 or later